2018: Viking Explorer (4830)
12 days from Amsterdam to Bergen
AMSTERDAM AREA Corendon Village (ST) or Tulip Inn Airport (ST)HAMBURG NH Altona (F) or NH Collection City (F)COPENHAGEN Park Inn Airport (ST) or Scandic Sluseholmen (F)GOTHENBURG First Kviberg Park (ST)OSLO Scandic Sjolyst (F) or Comfort Boersparken (ST)FLAM AREA Fjordhotel (ST)BERGEN Augustin (ST) or Thon Bristol (ST)
Call (608) 221-4791 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13731059
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2018
- 12 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Amsterdam||Check into your hotel. The rest of the day is free. Tonight, meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers. (D)|
|Day 2||Amsterdam||For centuries, this tiny nation of seafaring traders played a leading role in world history. It wrested 40% of its territory from the hostile sea, and produces a healthy agricultural surplus in the midst of Europe's most densely populated area-yet Holland manages to remain quaint and scenic. A Local Guide will point out Amsterdam's highlights on the included city tour. Complete the experience with a CANAL CRUISE to see the town from water level. Watch skilled craftsmen cut and polish precious stones at a DIAMOND CENTER. This afternoon, spend some time exploring on your own or join an optional excursion. (B)|
|Day 3||Hamburg||This morning, travel to the Hanseatic city of Bremen, which majestically straddles the Weser River. Settlements date back to the 7th century, but the city rose in prominence as trade with Norway, England, and the Netherlands increased in the 11th century. Bremen's attractions include the opulent Town Hall, a UNESCO World Heritage Site; the massive, 15th-century statue of Roland, the city's protector; the oldest wine cellar in Germany; and the bronze sculpture of the Bremen Town Musicians from the Grimm Brothers' famous fairytale. Continue to Hamburg, Germany's second-largest city, where you arrive in time for an optional harbor cruise. (B)|
|Day 4||Copenhagen||Your day begins with the guided walking tour of Hamburg, one of Germany's greatest maritime cities. Marvel at the impressive Town Hall; the landmark St. Michael's Church; the ruins of St. Nicholas' Church, the tallest building in the world from 1874 to 1876; the unusual Elbe Philharmonic Hall; and more. Later, drive to Lubeck, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that is considered the cultural capital of northern Germany. Enjoy a pleasant FERRY ride from Puttgarden in Germany across the Fehmarn Belt Strait to Rodby, Denmark, and arrive in Copenhagen. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Copenhagen||Spend the whole day exploring the capital of the oldest kingdom in the world. On your included guided city tour, see the city's many fascinating landmarks, architectural masterpieces, and celebrated sights, including the world-famous Little Mermaid sculpture. An optional tour of Zealand's castles is also available. (B)|
|Day 6||Gothenburg||Via the ORESUND BRIDGE, the longest bridge in Europe, travel across the strait that separates Denmark and Sweden. Stop in Malmo to view the stunning contemporary high-rise known as the 'Turning Torso,' the tallest building in the Nordic countries. Via Helsingborg, stop in Halmstad on the Nissan River with its 17th-century castle. Walk along the stone streets of the town center, lined with cafes, and admire the Pablo Picasso sculpture, Female Head, before heading towards Gothenburg. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Oslo||This morning, get to know Gothenburg, Sweden's thriving, second-largest city, which is one of Europe's major seaports. Take the scenic route along the Skagerrak coastline, then cross the border into Norway and head for the ancient capital city of Oslo. (B)|
|Day 8||Oslo||Your guided sightseeing begins with stunning vistas of Akershus Castle, the 14th-century fortress guarding the harbor, followed by the CITY HALL, National Theater, Parliament, Royal Palace, Broadcasting House, and Gustav Vigeland's distinctive sculptures in FROGNER PARK. This afternoon, enjoy leisure time to relax or explore on your own. (B)|
|Day 9||Flam||A scenic drive today through Hallingdal Valley via the peaceful village of Fla. Forest-clad dales and soaring mountain peaks are around every bend on your scenic journey to Gol, where we stop for a visit before heading towards Borgund, famous for its stave church. This intricate structure was built around 1180 AD and is dedicated to the Apostle Andrew. Arrive in the quaint area of Flam, nestled at the entrance to the stunning Aurlandsfjord. (B,D)|
|Day 10||Bergen||Today, experience breathtaking Norway with a special treat! Start the day on the renowned FLAM TRAIN, witnessing some of the world's most scenic wilderness. Along the way, see mighty waterfalls, towering mountains, and verdant valleys. Later, a leisurely CRUISE showcases one of Norway's most famous fjords, the Sognefjord. Continue to Bergen through the heart of Fjordland. (B)|
|Day 11||Bergen||With fjords on one side and 1,000-foot-high Mount Floyen on the other, Bergen is hailed as the 'City of Seven Mountains.' Your guided sightseeing tour takes in the main sights, including the Bryggen Hanseatic wharf, one of the landmarks of Bergen's bayside area, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. (B)|
|Day 12||Bergen||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning.|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement $584No triple room reduction.Extra nights per person in Amsterdam:in single room $131; in twin / in triple $73Extra nights per person in Bergen:in single room $161; in twin / in triple $101
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).